The Nurse’s Secret by Amanda Skenandore

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups Decades: Books Set in the 1880s-1890s The Nurse’s Secret by Amanda Skenandore

Viewing 2 topics - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Somewhat predictable, yet enjoyable, story I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would when I first started reading it. I found the beginning to be a bit slow and, once she got into the nursing school, I saw the writing on the wall. It seemed pretty obvious that she was not going to continue thieving once she became a nurse (as was alluded to when she first entered the program) and was going to try to turn her life around & hide her past. However, the murder mystery and her relationship with Edward kept me engaged in the story. I also appreciated that the change in Una’s character occurred gradually. I would recommend this book if you are a fan of mysteries and historical fiction!

Started by: Lisa

• 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Lisa

• Opening Thoughts This book is not what I was expecting, but it was the only one in the list for this decade that grabbed me. I’m about halfway through, we’ll see how it goes, but I was expecting more of a mystery.

Started by: Amanda

• 4 months ago

Samantha

Viewing 2 topics - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups Decades: Books Set in the 1880s-1890s The Nurse’s Secret by Amanda Skenandore