The Secret Life of Sunflowers by Marta Molnar

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups Decades: Books Set in the 1880s-1890s The Secret Life of Sunflowers by Marta Molnar

Viewing topic 1 (of 1 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • How did you rate this book? I rated the book 3 stars on Goodreads. Things I liked: Learning about Vincent Van Gogh's life through his sister-in-law's eyes. I'm familiar with his paintings, but I didn't realize he died by suicide at such a young age. I never considered who his family was or how his paintings became so well-known. This part was fascinating. I loved learning that a woman took the lead in making this happen, even though the events leading up to it were heartbreaking. Things I didn't like: There were several grammatical errors in my copy of the book in the beginning, which was distracting. I also could have done without the current-day events. That storyline wasn't as compelling, and I tried to read those chapters more quickly to get to the next. Overall, it was a good premise, but this book did not need the dual timeline as it didn't add much to the story. What did you think?  

Started by: Wendy Connell

• 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Tara Pease

Viewing topic 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups Decades: Books Set in the 1880s-1890s The Secret Life of Sunflowers by Marta Molnar