Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2013 Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain

• This forum has 1 topic, 1 reply, and was last updated 2 months ago by Heather Simpson.
Viewing topic 1 (of 1 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Very emotional Wow. I was simultaneously sucked in and horrified; finished in 24 hours. It can be very disconcerting to detest the content of a book and still know that it’s a solid 4-5⭐️ read. I am so appreciative of Chamberlain’s decision to write the more “normal” of situations / characters for the time, rather than a sensationalized version - what an absolute thought-provoking, gut-punch of a read. It left me questioning society today and what programs/socially accepted practices we may look on in 50 years and realize - what?! As well as reflecting on what has both changed and remained the same for marginalized communities since the 70s. Definitely planning to find a more lighthearted book over these last few days of February, as I’m emotionally wrung out over this one.

Started by: Kelly

• 2 months ago

Heather Simpson

Viewing topic 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2013 Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain