Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2013 Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

Viewing topic 1 (of 1 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Loved this! Anyone else read this? Would love to share thoughts. This was such a quick read, but the text, though simple, was very effective. I finished it almost two weeks ago but I keep finding myself coming back to it in my mind, and now I’m really wanting to read something in a similar vein. Historical fiction isn’t usually a genre I seek out, but seriously - the setting of 1950s New Orleans really had me hooked here. At times, I would forget it was set more than 70 years ago - which I guess speaks to how forward New Orleans was at the time. In addition to the book itself, I loved reading about the research Ruta Sepetys did to get the setting correct with the brothel, the walking of the exact paths through the city as described in the story, and then some. It’s definitely an intriguing riff on the coming of age tale that was well executed in my opinion. Overall, it was a solid 4.5-5 ⭐️ read for me.

Started by: Kelly

• 2 months, 1 week ago

Patty Carroll

Viewing topic 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2013 Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys