The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2012 The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

Viewing 3 topics - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • How would you rate this book??? My rating: 4 1/2 stars Once I got approximately halfway through could I put it down? No. My laundry, my grocery shopping, the work I brought home from my job...they did not get finished. Could I have foreseen the ending? Absolutely not. Yet, it made perfect sense; no loose ends. Will this story stay with me? Yes. I'm fairly certain I will not forget this epic story of love, heartache, betrayal, & secrets set against the backdrop of London in 1941 during WW II. Why only 4.5 stars then? It's the first half of this novel. Which I feel was probably necessary to establish the backdrop for everything to come, yet....I struggled to develop an interest. I'd pick it up, read several pages, then set it back down. I couldn't form a connection with the two main characters, Dorothy "Dolly" or Laurel. However, once I passed the halfway point, I was all in & am so glad I was determined to finish! Would love to know your thoughts! Did it take you awhile to get into it, too??

Started by: Lori L.

• 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Lori L.

• Vivien not able to have children? Am I misremembering (the book was too long for me to find it again), but I thought that Jimmy asked Vivien if she had children and she said she couldn’t .  It was when they were visiting the orphan hospital and Jimmy felt so bad for asking he brought her the picture as an I’m sorry for being insensitive gift. if so, how did she have her Nicholson family? please confirm or explain.  THANKS

Started by: Jaimette

• 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Jaimette

Viewing 3 topics - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2012 The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton