My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2015 My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman

Viewing 4 topics - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Fairy tales <p style="text-align: left;">I love FB, but this book seemed a bit different from his other books with the whole fairy tale aspect. What did you think about that?</p>

Started by: Nancy Bethel

• 5 days, 15 hours ago

Jaimette

• Backman I love FB. Love his compassion for his characters, his common theme- that people are often not who they appear to be. What other books of his have you read? How do you think they compare to this one?

Started by: Nancy Bethel

• 1 week ago

Nancy Bethel

• Quotes from My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry This book had so many wonderful quotes. "Soup is soup whatever bowl it's in," reminds me of reading is reading whatever medium it's served in (physical book, ebook, audiobook). “Everything is complicated if no one explains it to you.” So true! And my favorite quote, "Special is the best kind of different to be." There is often mention of Elsa being different and the victim of bullying. Although it was never specifically mentioned, as a retired teacher I thought Elsa was most likely on the spectrum. She was incredibly bright, said what came to her mind regardless of who she was speaking to or the situation, and had a strong fixation on superheroes. I'm wondering if other readers had this same impression and why do you think Backman never specified how Elsa was "different".

Started by: Kathy Dawn

• 1 week, 1 day ago

Patty Carroll

Viewing 4 topics - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups ICYMI: Books Published in 2015 My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman