Read Around the USA

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups Read Around the USA

Are you participating in the self-paced Read Around the USA Challenge? This is the perfect place to discuss your books and anything you've learned from the challenge!
Viewing 5 topics - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • No Hiding in Boise Continuing my read across the USA with my 17th book/state. Wondering if anyone else read this book and had thoughts to share. I had trouble getting thru about 75% of this book. Finally, toward the end if feel it turned a corner and pulled everything together pretty nicely and I didn’t end up hating it, which surprised me. Was it the best book? No. But the character development was strong enough to keep me going thru a mediocre read. And the “twist” at the end (if you can call it that) I didn’t see coming which was nice.

Started by: Melissa

• 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Cassie

• Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano I enjoyed this book, but it was challenging because at many times, I found myself not understanding and getting frustrated with the actions of some of the characters.  Such as how could William give up his daughter and how could Julia be happy with that decision.  But, I felt I gained insight into depression and how it manifests itself in the actions of people who suffer from depression and how other people react to those suffering from depression.  Also, I saw people make the same choices that they resented their parents for making.  I felt like the book strengthened my understanding of the struggles that some people have to handle.

Started by: Stephanie Newhart

• 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Stephanie Newhart

• Tom Lake My first book for the read around the US and I’m struggling.  I’ve been attempting to read it for the last week. Finally made it to the half way point.  Very slow paced book and it’s just not grabbing my attention.

Started by: Gwen

• 3 months, 2 weeks ago

GirlwithZip

• The German Wife my first read for this self-paced challenge.  I learned about how German scientists were part of our early space program. Thus the connection to Huntsville, Alabama but also how gut wrenching and soul crushing it is to watch a country go down the wrong side of humanity with governmental power shifts.  There was also the issue of prejudice that brings awareness. It was a 4⭐️ read for me.

Started by: Jaimette

• 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Susana

Viewing 5 topics - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

Forums 2024 Reading Challenge Discussion Groups Read Around the USA