Viewing 9 topics - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Fiona Davis & Parkinson’s Disease When I got to the point of Marion disclosing her Parkinson's Disease, I was extra emotional knowing that Fiona Davis was also diagnosed in recent years. I loved Marion's determination to keep doing as much as she could, but I wondered about all the complex emotions that must have gone into writing this part of the plot. What did you think about this aspect of the story and writing?

Started by: MelissaFromBookGirlsGuide

• 4 months ago

MelissaFromBookGirlsGuide

• Boarding House I loved reading about the boarding house.  What were some of your thoughts on that part of the story?

Started by: Leslie C

• 10 months ago

Book Girls’ Guide

• Other Fiona Davis books What other books by Fiona Davis would you recommend? This is the first book by her that I have read and I loved learning all about the Rockettes!

Started by: Nancy Bethel

• 10 months ago

Cheryl Deffen

• Disappointed Am I the only one? I hate to be the downer here, but this was my least favorite Fiona Davis book. I found the writing a bit stiff and simplistic. Marion and Peter going off on their own to solve the bomber case was silly and unrealistic. Also, they saw each other for the first time in over 30 years and they immediately knew they were meant to be...come on, they knew each other for two months when they were in their 20s.

Started by: Rita Corlett

• 10 months, 1 week ago

Carol

• Marion’s Decisions… Marion had many hard choices, like trying out for the Rockettes, accepting the job despite her father's demands, choosing her happiness over a marriage proposal, and returning to care for her father despite all his bad choices and actions. Did you agree with all her decisions?

Started by: MelissaFromBookGirlsGuide

• 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Lisa

• Suspension of Reality? I really enjoyed this book! But I found parts that really stretched my suspension of reality.  I thought it showed incredibly poor judgment when Marion and Peter broke into the home of a known serial killer! What did you think?

Started by: Nancy Bethel

• 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Leslie C

• Interview with Fiona Davis about the Book If  you need a break from reading, this is a good video interview with Fiona Davis about The Spectacular: https://hecmedia.org/posts/high-kicks-high-crimes-fiona-davis-dazzles-us-with-the-spectacular

Started by: Book Girls’ Guide

• 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Book Girls’ Guide

Viewing 9 topics - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.